Seminar/Lab Payment Policies
To reserve a place at a seminar or lab please register and pay the fees in advance. Advance registration enables us to present the best event possible. We will send e-mail confirmation when we receive your payment. Same day registrations will be accepted as space allows.
Discount policy: Any discounts (“early-bird” registration) are available until announced discount deadline, 2 weeks before the seminar or lab, after which full seminar prices apply to all registrants.
- If the CMI organization cancels a seminar/lab, the full fee will be refunded. If a seminar/lab is cancelled due to inclement weather and a student is unable to attend on the make-up date, the full fee may be transferred to another seminar/lab.
- If a student withdraws more than 15 days before the seminar/lab, the full fee, less a $25 administrative fee, will be refunded or transferred to another seminar/lab held during the same academic year (September – August).
- If a student withdraws within 15 days of a seminar/lab, the full fee, less a $25 administrative fee, may be transferred to another seminar/lab held during the same academic year (September – August). If a student misses a seminar/lab without notifying the CMI organization before the event commences, no refunds or credits will be given.
- If the student misses part of a seminar/lab, no partial refunds will be given.
- Partial attendance at seminars is strongly discouraged.
- Students with special needs may petition the CMITI administration for exceptions to this policy.
CMI Certificate Program
Level I Certification (100 hours)
Entry level training for practitioners already certified in a bodywork discipline who want to integrate CMI into their practice and have joined the 100 hour certificate program.
Completion of this program certifies that you are competent in the use of CMI techniques in your practice and may teach CMI classes to clients.
To jointhe Level 1 (100 hour) Certificate Program you must make a deposit of $300 (a monthly payment plan can be negotiated). Members of the Level 1 certification program receive discounted prices for seminars and labs. $100 of this deposit will be applied to administrative fees and teaching materials. $200 of this deposit will remain intact during your study and will be applied to the final hours of your course of study. Any outstanding payments due will be subtracted from your deposit. If after achieving certification, a balance of your deposit remains, it will be refunded or you may apply it to future study.
If for any reason you decide to discontinue the program, you must give 30 days written notice. Your deposit will be applied to any outstanding payments due and refunded less the $100 administrative fee.
Level II – Practitioner (200 – 300 hours)
Entry Level Certification is required to advance to Full Certification. An additional 100-200 hours of study beyond the Entry Level program leads to Full CMI Certification and the right to be called a Certified Core Movement Integration Practitioner.
To receive Level 2 certification you must meet the competencies described in <Level 2 Certification>. The number of hours of study may depend on your prior experience, and the continuity and diligence of your study.
To jointhe Level 2 Certificate Program you may carry over your deposit for the Level 1 certification program. If you have used you Level 1 deposit to pay for Level 1 classes, you must make a new deposit of $200 (a monthly payment plan can be negotiated). Members of the Level 2 program receive discounted prices for seminars and labs, but not for Grand Labs or other “Post-Graduate” training. During your study the deposit will remain intact and will be applied to the final hours of your course of study. Any outstanding payments due will be subtracted from your deposit. If after achieving certification, a balance of your deposit remains, it will be refunded or you may apply it to future study.
If for any reason you decide to discontinue the program, you must give 30 days written notice. Your deposit will be applied to any outstanding payments due and refunded less an administrative fee of $100.
CMI Practitioners Association
To join the CMI Practitioners Association you must be a certified CMI practitioner. Three levels of practitioners are defined by three levels of certification.
Level 1 Practitioner-in-training– has completed 100 hours of training and is certified to use CMI as an adjunct to their primary mode of bodywork (i.e. massage therapist, physical therapist, occupational therapist. athletic trainer, yoga teacher, Feldenkrais practitioner, etc.) and to teach CMI classes for the lay client.
Level 2 Practitioner – has completed 200-300 hours and is certified to use CMI as their primary mode of bodywork.
Level 3 Advanced Practitioner and Trainer – has completed more than 300 hours of training and is certified by the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a practitioner trainer.
Dues are paid annually each calendar year, January to December.
Level 1 Entry Level Practitioner-in-Training (100 hours) dues $80
Level 2 Advanced Practitioner (300 hours) dues $110
Level 3 Advanced Practitioner and NCBTMB certified Practitioner Trainer dues $110
Benefits of membership:
- Listing on the Core Movement Integration web site.
- Access to “Post-Graduate” classes/seminars with Josef Della Grotte (no price discount)
- 40% discount on books, DVDs and CDs
- Level 2 & 3 Advanced Practitioners:
- 40% discount on any Level 1 seminar or lab
- To maintain membership in good standing, all practitioners must accrue a minimum 6 “post graduate” credit hours per calendar year.